Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Luck o' the Irish FREEBIE

It's about time, teachers . . . for  a St. Patrick's Day FREEBIE.  Luck o' the Irish is a creative activity I designed for my G/T students.  It challenges 2 of the 4 traits of gifted children: fluency and flexibility.  [The 4 traits are: fluency, flexibility, elaboration & originality.] Despite developing this activity for GATE, I have used it very successfully with 1st graders in a heterogeneous classroom, and with 2nd - 5th grades in enrichment pull-out classes.  The results of this activity always amaze me.


Following is the assignment sheet that I send home, giving my students 1 week to complete it.  



I encourage my students to enlist the help of their families.  It creates a wonderful home-school connection, giving overly zealous parents a constructive focus for interacting with their gifted children.  (If you've ever taught G/T, you know what I'm talking about!) Projects like this are terrific for helping shy children speak before an audience. Similarly, it prompts children who have oral communication deficits to practice their communication skills.

When the children present their projects the following week, reward them with a participation certificate.


Sure, and you'll love this project.  You can find it in my TpT Store or my Teachers Notebook Shop.  Did I mention that it's FREE?

This product is part of a larger product, Destination Imagination.  


You can find Destination Imagination here or here.





8 comments:

  1. Hi Barb - Wow looks like you have a lot of great stuff on your blog! I'm your newest follower. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky, I'm so thrilled to have you as my 1st follower, that I would like to reward you. If you visit either my TpT store or Teachers Notebook shop, and choose a product you like, I will send it to you for FREE!!

    Thanks for your kind comments. I hope you'll come back often.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just gave you an award. Please come and get it!

    2B Honey Bunch
    The Best Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Erika! You've made my day! Come back soon.
      Barb

      Delete
  4. HI Barb! I found your adorable blog from Erika over at the Honey Bunch. You have many fabulous ideas. I am a new follower.

    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Krista. I'm so pleased to have you follow me. I hope you'll come back often.
      Barb

      Delete
  5. Hi Barb! I am excited to not only have found your blog but to also follow you now! You have LOTS of great ideas and activities that I am happy to go check out! I would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will certainly come check your blog out, Heather. Thanks for joining mine and thank you for the kind words.
      Barb

      Delete