Search This Blog

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sharing Some Blog Love


  

Love is in the air, and it's not even spring!  My dear, cyber friend, Rachel at Mrs. O Knows, has given me the Liebster Award.  This lovely award is given to blogs that are up and coming, as in currently have fewer than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.  You just have to love a word that encompasses all of those things!

Every privilege carries with it responsibilities.  This award requires that I do the following:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me.
2. Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator.
3. Share 11 random facts about myself.
4. Create 11 questions for my nominees.
5. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
6. Contact my nominees and let them know that I have nominated them.


So here goes ...
1. Rachel O. is the author of Mrs. O Knows.  She's a military wife who teaches 5th grade and has a "small" dress obsession. You just have to check out her blog; you'll love it!  Did I mention that she also loves owls?  "Owl" bet you will love her owl resources.  Check them out here.

2. Q & A:
  1. What is one teacher gift that you have never received that you would love to have?  A gift certificate to Staples or Office Depot.
  2. You are going to be stuck on a desert island and you can only take 5 items. What are they?  My husband, my computer (assume there is internet), my Kindle (same assumption so I can feed my reading addiction), a lifetime supply of chocolate, my pillow.
  3. 3. Who was your favorite teacher and why?  My 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Bjelland.  She made me want to be a teacher!
  4. If you had to eat the same meal every night for the rest of your life, what would it be?  Fried chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy, green beans, iced tea, and brownies 
  5. If you could try any other profession, what would it be? Fiction writer
  6. What is your favorite children's book?  That's hard because I love children's books, but I'll go with Charlotte's Web.
  7. What is your favorite vacation spot? Hawaii
  8. You win a $500 Visa gift card. What do you buy first? The newest releases of mystery/suspense books.
  9. Who is your biggest inspiration? (Feel free to name more than one person if needed) My beloved dad.
  10. What is one thing that you will try in your classroom this year that you've never tried before?  Ipads
  11. If you could share any piece of advice about teaching with your fellow bloggers, what would it be?  Make learning fun.  
3. 11 random facts about me:
  1. I'm a professional calligrapher.
  2. I'm afraid of dogs.
  3. I used to model.
  4. I've been to 49 of the 50 states.
  5. I'm addicted to Solitaire Blitz.
  6. I have 3 children; 2 boys and a girl.
  7. I have 3 grandchildren; 2 girls and a boy.
  8. I have a wonderful secret that I can't tell anyone and it's killing me.
  9. My best friend is also named Barb and we have been friends since we were in 1st grade.
  10. I was named to 100s Club as an undergrad (100 Outstanding Seniors) at the Univ. of IL.
  11. I love to crochet.
4. Questions for my nominees:
  1. Who is your favorite author?
  2. What was the last movie you saw?
  3. Where did you go on your last vacation?
  4. If money and logistics were no problem, what would you most want to add to your classroom?
  5. What is your guilty pleasure?
  6. If you could teach in another country, what country would it be?
  7. What do you do to relieve stress?
  8. Where did you go to college &/or grad school?
  9. How long have you been teaching?
  10. What is something you've always wanted to learn to do?
  11. What are 3 things you will take to school with you?
5. Nominees:
Now I'm off to spread the blog Liebster love.









No comments:

Post a Comment