Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

It All Adds Up!




A poster similar to this has been floating around Pinterest lately.  It caught my attention and piqued my interest, so I just had to create a colorful version for myself.  The message is just so powerful!

One of the reasons this poster attracted me is because I am fascinated by the value of words.  Monetary value, that is.  One Dollar Words have been a part of my enrichment program for years.  They work exactly like the charts above, except they assign cents to the letter values.  The goal is to find words worth exactly $1.  That's a difficult nearly impossible task.  So, I created clues for my students.


They absolutely LOVE $1 Words.  I run a friendly competition between classes and the enthusiasm is unbelievable.  As a result of that enthusiasm, I have written over 400 clues for the words.  And, I loved every minute of it.  If you're interested in $1 Words, check them out here.

If you would like this poster for your classroom, it's FREE in my TPT store and TN shop.


You may also like:
     

No comments:

Post a Comment