Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

When It Rains, Make Forest Animals!

It rained torrents for the entire 4th of July weekend and I had a house full of family and friends. We had planned to boat and ski and swim and float and grill out and...  

Mother Nature did not cooperate.  



So there I was with a house bursting at the seams, including 10 children ages 10 and under. We have very few toys at the lake house. It's best suited to outdoor play. So, being the teacher that I am, I grabbed the art supplies I had and organized the kiddos to make forest animals. I gave them 1 caveat: they had to use hearts to make the animals because I love forest friends.

Here's what they made:
  • hedgehog

 
  • bear
 
  • dragonfly







  • fox
  • bee
  • owl














  • beaver



  • ladybug










  • butterfly






  • raccoon








Not bad for a spur-of-the-moment activity. These and similar craftivities will definitely be undertaken in my classroom this fall.





If you love forest friends, too, you may like these products:




No comments:

Post a Comment