It's about time, teachers. . . for Mother's Day. Following are directions for a card your primary students can make for their mothers. I guarantee it will bring a smile to every mother's face and a warm feeling in her heart.
- Give each student a 4.5" x 12" piece of construction paper in the color of their choice.
- Provide construction paper scraps for the students to make flower petals and long, thin strips of green paper for stem(s).
- Students should position the background paper vertically, then glue on the stem(s) and flower(s).
- Once the flower(s) and stem(s) are applied, have the students fold the paper in half and then in half again. They will now have a 4.5" x 3" card.
- Ask them to unfold the card. Using their very best handwriting, the children will write the following on each section of the card: My love for you grows, / and grows, / and grows!
Here's what the finished project looks like:
to all the teachers who are also mothers!