It’s about time, teachers, . . . for a little recess. Today’s game is TAG. I’ve been tagged by Cassina at Field of Poppies and Heather at Beg, Borrow and Teach to play a game of blog tag. The rules for this tag game are as follows:
· Answer the 10 questions she has created or adapted
· Tag 10 others and create 10 questions for them to answer
· Leave a comment on each of the 10 “chosen” blogs to tell them about the game
Sounds like fun, so here goes --
1. Preference of seasons: winter, spring, summer, or fall? Hmmm, that’s hard. Definitely NOT winter; hate the cold. Summer’s fun, but here in the Midwest, it can get miserably humid, which confines me to the indoors. So, it’s a tie between spring (which is extraordinarily beautiful this year) and fall (which is so full of promise with the start of a new school year).
2. If you could be a contestant on any game show, what would it be? Wheel of Fortune; I totally rock at it altho’ they might throw me off when I start screaming at the other contestants, “You don’t need to buy any vowels!!!”
3. Travel by plane, train, bus, or automobile? If I can get there in 12 hours or less, I’d definitely drive. Farther than that, I’m most likely to fly. My hubs & I love to take road trips and just venture wherever the road takes us.
4. Board games or video games? Computer games. I’m completely addicted to Words with Friends.
5. What one item would you like to have on a desert island? My husband! :)
6. Fruits or veggies? Fruits!
7. One historical event you remember prior to graduating from high school would be. . .? 1st man to walk on the moon. Yep, I’m that old.
8. Hobby? Calligraphy
9. Cup or cone of ice cream? Cup
10. Music genre? Oldies, like I said, I’m that old, and my generation had the best music hands down.
- What tricks/techniques do you have to keep the things you bring home from school to a minimum? I have a strict rule: Leave it all at school. When I'm home, it's time for my family. So, I stay at school until it's all done.
- How do you "fake" happiness on the worst of days? I don't fake. I can't carry it off. In general, I tell my kids that I'm having a bad day, so please be patient with me. It's just incredible how kind and caring even the worst of them can be.
- Quick! You wake up with 10 min. left to get out the door. What is your go-to piece of clothing that makes you look put-together? Khakis and a black sweater or top.
- Flats or heels? Flats!!!
- How do you make peace with a difficult parent? Kill them with kindness. It doesn't always work, but at least I know that I've been the "bigger" person.
- What's your most expensive guilty pleasure? Once every 10 years, I reward myself with a nice piece of jewelry, usually a ring.
- Pretend you have an entire weekend to yourself. How do you spend it? First, I'd rather not spend it alone; I always want to be with my husband. Together, we would love a free weekend at the lake, taking twilight cruises, star gazing, and having the peace of getting away from it all.
- Favorite TV show? Touch with Kiefer Sutherland
- What was the last book or movie that made you laugh and cry at the same time? I'm cheating a little here, but it was a video of my granddaughter, Nia, taking her 1st steps. So, precious and joyous; and she just turned 4 -- way too soon.
- What is one skill you possess that would surprise most people if they knew? I'm a professional calligrapher. However, there is practically NO use for that skill anymore since computers offer so many calligraphic fonts. Bummer.
Abby @ Third Grade Bookworm
Michelle @ Teach123
Mrs. Cook @ First Grade Smart Cookies
Michelle @ No Monkey Business
Lorraine @ Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies
Amanda @ Mrs. McDonald's 4th Grade
Ashleigh @ Education Journey
Mrs. Mac @ First Class With Mrs. Mac
Tara @ 4th Grade Frolics
Here are my questions for you:
1. Favorite holiday?
2. How long have you been at your current school?
3. Do you prefer to eat dinner at home or go out to a restaurant?
4. Location of the best vacation ever?
5. Have you taught for < or > 20 years?
6. Favorite author?
7. Last movie you saw in the theater?
8. How old is your car?
9. What is the 1 thing you will NOT eat, no matter what?
10. Do you still have a land line (phone)?