Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

New Year’s Poem Freebie

It’s about time, teachers, ... for the New Year.  And we all know that the New Year brings resolutions. If you are not already using poetry regularly in your classroom, I hope you will resolve to do so in 2013.  If you are using poetry, resolve to create anthologies for your students.  Already making anthologies?  Great! 

Just for the New Year, I have a humorous poem to which every teacher and most students can relate. 



To help you start off the New Year right, I have created some possibilities for using this poem in your classroom. 
                                                 

If you decide to have your students write list poems, you may wish to display this poster. It is especially helpful in a writing center.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            



I wish you all the best in the New Year!



This poem and its possibilities are from my product, Poetry Possibilities for Winter.  The list poem poster is from Pick a Pack of Poetry Posters.


                                                                      
Both are available on TpT and TN.  If you like these products, you may also be interested in these:
     

1 comment:

  1. Barb,
    Thanks for linking up at my New Year Linky party (http://teachingisagift.blogspot.ca/2012/12/2013-new-year-linky-party.html). I am always thrilled to find someone who has taught or is teaching gifted students. We are a "special" bunch to say the least! I am your newest follower...and I'll find you on Pinterest too!

    ReplyDelete