Because I love Caldecott books and critical thinking skills, I combined them into a set of fun products -- Story Sleuths.
Here's how it works:
- Read a specific set of Caldecott books to your students.
- Post a set of clues that describe 1 of the books.
- Students have 1 week to submit a guess as to which book is described.
- On Friday, winners are announced and given a certificate.
- A new set of clues is given on the following Monday.
- Play continues in this way for 4 weeks/unit.
Story Sleuths are designed for K - 4 classes. They are CCSS aligned. Originally created for use by an enrichment teacher, librarian, or art teacher, they are readily usable by individual classroom teachers.
Students involved in Story Sleuths exercise many levels of Bloom's Taxonomy. At the same time, they enjoy great literature, learn about artistic media, and participate in collaborative problem solving. Better yet, they love these units!
Best yet . . . all Story Sleuth products are now on sale for 30% off the regular price. Hurry! They won't be marked down for long.
Even the bundle is on sale!!