Search This Blog

Monday, July 6, 2015

An IKEA Idea

Recently I took a trip to IKEA. That's kind of a big deal for me because I have to drive nearly 3 hours to reach one. So I try to make my infrequent trips really count. This trip gave me an unexpected idea; an IKEA IDEA, as it were.

While perusing the merchandise, I happened upon this adorable wrapping paper and gift bag.  



You know what they say, "You can take the teacher out of the classroom, but you can't take the classroom out of the teacher." So, of course, I started thinking about how I could use them in my classroom. Then the idea was born: a forest friends theme. My bulletin boards could use an update with the paper used as covers. I was getting tired of chevrons and polka dots, anyway.  I haven't quite decided how I'll employ the gift bags, but I'm confident I'll figure something out.


Since that IKEA trip, I've been creating lots of things for my forest friends classroom.  LOTS of things.

The first order of business was a welcome banner (& more).





I'm so excited about this theme, that I've started a Pinterest board just for collecting ideas.  I hope you will visit it.  


You may also like:
       




No comments:

Post a Comment