Search This Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2021

PUMPKIN LEARNING TIME!

 


It's that pumpkin time of year. My favorite!

During this time, I love to fill my classroom with pumpkin activities. I also love to combine disciplines whenever possible. Thus, I challenge my students to combine word work with computation by engaging them in SCRATTLE.

SCRATTLE is a center, small group, or individual activity that my learners adore. Like Scrabble (TM), students create words from a set of letters. They then calculate the value of their words. But that's not all. I encourage friendly competition by inviting them to have a SCRATTLE BATTLE with a friend(s).

SCRABBLE + BATTLE = SCRATTLE

There are so many positives to this activity:

  1. Open ended word work
  2. Computation practice
  3. Differentiation - use the recording sheet that best fits your students' math abilities
  4. Efficient use of time
  5. Can be used multiple times with increasing enthusiasm
  6. Competition spurs students to create more complex words
  7. This activity is FREE!!!



Try it! You'll like it!



If your students love SCRATTLE, as I'm sure they will, I have a SCRATTLE shop in my TPT store. All SCRATTLE products are FREE!












No comments:

Post a Comment