Search This Blog

Saturday, July 13, 2024

IT'S ABOUT TIME, TEACHERS, for ANCHOR ACTIVITIES!

It's about time, teachers, for ANCHOR ACTIVITIES! Also known as warm ups or bell ringers, once you implement anchor activities in your classroom, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

Like many educators, I use these activities to engage students upon entering the classroom, thereby settling them while I attend to other tasks. My students are also trained to turn to the anchor activities when they finish ahead of the other students or while waiting for individual help from the instructor. This is why I prefer to call them anchor activities.

Having anchor activities in place gives learners meaningful engagement during transitional or awkward interludes. They provide opportunities to practice multidisciplinary skills. My goal is to challenge my learners without adding to MY workload. Thus, I have created an entire year's worth of brain stimulating pursuits. They are all digital and thus, require no preparation. Designed for upper elementary and middle school students, the tasks are intriguing and entertaining. Learners WANT to do them!

You are invited to try them before you buy them with this FREE set:

Once you fall in love with them, as I'm certain you will, there are 2 sets available in my store:





No comments:

Post a Comment