Let me help you save time and energy at this hectic time of year.
Here are a few items that may help you get ready . . .
- Pick a Pack of Poetry Posters is a collection of 20 posters that provide a quick reference for you and your students about 20 types of poetry. Each poster is in full color, making them attractive and inviting for display in your classroom. You can see 10 of these posters by checking out my blog series for poetry month. This 10 part series starts here.
- Back to School Poetry Possibilities contains 19 poems about going back to school and the changes associated with fall. Each poem has individually tailored activities, skill lessons, and writing prompts to go with it. Have you been considering using poetry anthologies? This unit will get you off to a great start! The poems are copy ready for your students.
- If you are hesitant about including poetry in your daily teaching or if you are looking for tips to establish a poetry center, please check out my 8 part blog series about using poetry in the classroom. It starts here.
- Poetry centers can be daunting and time consuming. If that's your fear or experience, then you may wish to try Poetry Task Cards for Elementary Classrooms. There are 52 task cards with skills ranging from simple identification of high frequency words to employing figurative language in writing original poetry.
- Do you need help getting started with poetry anthologies? I have just the thing for you -- an introductory poem that's FREE! Go here.
- Poetry Possibilities - Fall offers 26 more poems about the season and its holidays and special events. Like the Back to School unit, each poem has a teaching point, skill lessons, and activity suggestions.