Search This Blog

Friday, August 10, 2012

Poetry Anthologies

For some time, I have been blogging about poetry anthologies.  Many of you have responded, saying you are going to try poetry notebooks or anthologies this year.  Good for you!  
To help you get started, here's a poem I like to use for the 1st page of my students' anthologies.



This lighthearted poem implants the idea that poetry is fun; it makes you dance; it becomes a part of you.  I can't think of a better way to introduce poetry to students!  

Until next time. . .



2 comments:

  1. This is perfect! My team and I decided to start the year with poetry and I love the idea of anthologies...I'll be back to read more.
    Beth
    Thinking of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Welcome to my blog. I'm a bit of a poetry nut, so you will find lots of poetry posts here. So glad to hear you are starting the school year with poetry. It's a wonderful way to introduce so many elements of reading, writing, grammar, and creativity. Have a wonderful, wonder-filled year!

    ReplyDelete