Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

MLK, Jr. Day Poem & Timeline

Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - a time to celebrate his work and his dream.












Those who follow my blog know that I often post poems and activities to go with them.  So, just in time for MLK, Jr. Day, I have a poem to share.


You can download a copy of this poem here.

My friend, Allison, helped create a nifty timeline of MLK, Jr.'s life. 


The aesthetics of this timeline are perfect for transporting you back to the 1960s; a time I remember but would sometimes like to forget.  I'm old enough to remember where I was when JFK and MLK, Jr. were killed.  Those are days I'd like to forget, but not the lessons they taught. 

In Dion's words ...

Anybody here seen my old friend Martin?
Can you tell me where he's gone?
He freed a lot of people,
But it seems the good they die young.
I just looked 'round and he's gone.
Didn't you love the things that [he] stood for?
Didn't [he] try to find some good for you and me?

Indeed he did.


No comments:

Post a Comment